Saturday, March 23, 2013

CheaterMode II

One ride this week.  It was to a gay bar to meet old co-workers.  Even then it was hell.  30 mph headwind and occasional attacks from the sand blaster.  No, just the sand from the streets blown into my face so hard that I had to use my right hand to protect it.

Shit weather and obligations.  Woke up Monday and it was cold and snowing.  Wet slick snow.  Sleep more and drive.  I had to use 4WD to get up Ingersoll.

Tuesday.  Cold and windy.  24 mph wind from the NW would add another 20 to 30 minutes to the commute.  Needed to drive truck to childhood home and evacuate furniture and other lost dusty treasures.  Riding a bicycle to work would delay my departure by over an hour.  Drive.  Perfect excuses

Wednesday.  Really cold, teens, with strong headwind to work, again.  Sleep.  Drive.

Thursday.  Another run to Ottumwa.  Another load of childhood memories and shit to haul back.  Drive again.

Friday.  Got home late.  Pick Timmy up after work.  Drive.

I am 13 miles shy of 1200 miles for the year.  This has been the first week in a long time that I did not get 100 miles.  Sure, I will get the 13 this weekend, but that would only put me at 16 for the week.  Have not been this bad since mid January through March of 2007.  Even in June of 2010 with a broken collar bone I made an effort.

This was called Spring Break for many.  Felt like Winter Break.  Always next week...It's been Winter for a full year, I've done enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment